So I recently have tried this recipe and I do have to say that this is a pseudo acceptable replacement for pizza. Im not going to pull on your leg and say that you cant tell the difference because you can. But you cannot taste the cauliflower. Which is the most helpful part.
Make sure you can remove as much water content as you can from the riced cauliflower. I cooked the cauliflower on the stove top until it was brown and that was enough for me. You can add whatever you want for toppings, I recommend Rao’s marinara sauce if you are watching your carb intake.
Keto Cauliflower Crust White Pizza
For The Crust
- 10 ounces Riced Cauliflower
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 each egg
For the Topping
- 1/2 Cup Premade Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Cup Cooked Chicken Breast Cooked
- 1/4 Cup Red Onions Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Cup Basil Ripped Up
For the Crust
- Pre Heat oven to 400F
- Place Cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until rice is the size of rice
- Heat cauliflower on a dry skillet to remove water content on medium heat for appx 10 minutes
- Add parmesan cheese, garlic, and onion powder. Mix well. Keep cooking on gentle heat until cheese has melted.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in egg.
- Place cauliflower and cheese blob on a very lightly oiled parchment paper
- Lightly oil your hands and press out the cauliflower into a round shape. Begin at the middle and work your way out. Form a circle with about a 1/4 – 1/2 Inch crust.
- Bake cauliflower mix for 20 minutes.
For the Toppings
- Remove pizza from oven when finishing with the initial baking. Add Alfredo sauce to crust and spread evenly on crust leaving room for an edge
- Add chicken and red onion evenly though the pizza over the Alfredo sauce.
- (Optional) You can also add spinach or broccoli and bacon to this step for added veggies at this step
- Add mozzarella, parmesan cheee, and red pepper flakes to pizza
- Bake pizza for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted
- Remove from the oven and sprinke ripped basil all over pizza. Cut and serve