Or Beef Tongue Street Tacos
I am a huge fan of street tacos. It has been a very long time since I had the opportunity to have beef tongue so I thought it would be fun to see how exactly I should do this. I have come up with a way that pretty much works for me and it turned out to have really tasty tacos. The longest part of this recipe is the initial boiling of the meat. You need time to tenderize the meat in a stock pot for about 1.5 to 2 hours.
What you will need to cook beef tongue:
- 1 whole beef tongue
- ½ Large Onion sliced
- 1 Head of Garlic peeled and sliced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Place beef tongue in a stock pot and add water until the beef is covered in water.
- Add the onion, garlic, bay leaves, and about 2 Tablespoons of salt to pot. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for about 1.5 to 3 hours.
- Remove Beef from heat. Let cool.
- CAREFULLY trim off the white skin covering the dark beef meat and discard.
- You can slice beef, and prepare it any way you like from this point. Tacos require dicing the meat.
- Take chopped tongue and sear in a pan with oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to taste.
- Serve in tortillas with onions, cilantro, salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
- Serve with Rice and Beans and Enjoy!