If its a protein, you can pretty much stuff it. At least I do. (giggidy) So usually I make this roast during the holidays as it serves a good amount of people. Its nothing fancy but its pretty delicious. Instead of using bread crumbs for stuffing I decided to keep the recipe as minimal on carbs as possible.
Mushroom and Spinach Stuffed Pork Loin
- 1.5 lb pork loin whole
- 1.5 Cups chopped mushrooms
- ¼ Cup Diced Onions
- 2 Cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Cups fresh spinach
- 3 Tablespoons Crushed Pork Rinds
- 4-5 Strips of bacon
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat skillet on medium heat and sauté mushrooms, onion, and garlic for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. At the end of the 5 minutes stir in spinach and crushed pork rinds. Set aside to cool.
- Take whole pork loin and cut lengthwise into the meat to “unravel” the loin and create a square sheet. Season loin on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Take mushroom stuffing and layer on to one side of pork loin sheet. Leave a ½ inch border without stuffing on the edges.
- Lay 4 or 5 slices of bacon down on a sheet tray with parchment paper
- Sprinkle Parmesan and Swiss cheese over mushroom mix.
- Roll pork loin sheet back up and place seam side down on a sheet tray across the bacon strips. Wrap bacon strips around the loin and secure the bacon with toothpicks on top.
- Secure pork loin with BBQ skewers or butcher twine.
- Bake loin for 35 minutes. Until internal temperature hits 145F
- Let cool down for 5-8 minutes before slicing to serve.