I have been hit with a huge craving of hamburger helper the week that I made this. I started with tuna helper (recipe inc) and now have decided to make a cheeseburger macaroni recipe as well. I really enjoy this recipe and I hope that you will too!
- ½ Pound (8 oz) Elbow Macaroni
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2/3 lb ground beef
- ½ Cup Onions, diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Splash of white wine
- 1 ½ teaspoon Flour
- 1 ½ Cups Beef Broth
- 1 ½ Cups Milk
- 6 oz tomato paste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2/3 Cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat until oil shimmers. Brown the ground beef on the skillet and break up the ground beef into smaller pieces while cooking. 3-5 minutes.
- Add diced onions and garlic to pan and keep cooking on medium heat. Cook onions until they are translucent. 2-4 minutes.
- Add splash of wine to beef and onions. Swirl around. Add flour to pan and mix flower around very well to reduce lumps. Cook out the flour flavor. 1 minute.
- Lower heat and add beef broth, milk, tomato paste, and all the seasonings to pan. Add salt and pepper to right underneath your preferred taste.
- Add elbow macaroni to skillet and mix well. Cover skillet. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until pasta is in your desired doneness. Stir often. If pasta is not done but the mix is too dry then add more beef broth or milk.
- Stir in cheese off heat and mix well. Serve!